SO EASY SUMMER SALAD:
Summer is here. Lots of you are spending time outside or by the BBQ so todays recipe is a light summer salad that takes 5 mins to make- perfect by itself or on the side.
Arugula, Grape, and Sunflower Seeds. Mix these ingrediants together, goes with all salad dressings of your choice and picnic friendly. If you like cheese add some feta or chedder.
Lets all get healthy this summer together! Enjoy,
In honor of P.S.W. Week we wanted to celebrate all the hardwork Personel Support Workers do for us and our loved ones, therefore our Friday's recipe is a No-Bake 10 minute Berry Crisp Dessert- we thank you from the bottom of our hearts your caring and work never goes un-noticed!
1 container strawberries
2 small containers blueberries
1 small container raspberries
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Wash all berries & top with 1 tsp maple syrup.
2. Prepare the topping in a food processor by pulsing all ingredients until just mixed.
3. In a casserole dish, add most of the berry mixture, leaving a few tablespoons or so. Spread evenly. Now add most of the topping over top of the berries, reserving a few tablespoons. Now sprinkle on the remaining berries, and finally the rest of the topping.
Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.
One day they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me....I know we've been friends for a long time.....but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is."
Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"
Almost that "Farmers Market opening" season... lots of fresh, multi-colored vegetables to choose from. Todays Friday recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner side. Check it out:
Sweet Potatoe Stuffed Veggies:
- One sweet potatoe per family member
- oilve oil
- any fresh veggies in the house
Cut a sweet potatoe half way through, open up sides, cut and mix in any fresh veggies you have. place foil under, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and wrap. Cook on a BBQ or in Oven for 20 mins.
A perfect side to any dish & filling- Enjoy your weekend ahead!
Too Easy Brushchetta Chicken: \
This so easy recipe is delicious, easy and too good to be true! You can even batch cook it to freeze, goes with any side dish and perfect for a light summer lunch or dinner meal. Check it out....
1. 3 or 4 chicken breasts
2. 4 or 5 small tomatoes, chopped or canned
3. 1 clove garlic, minced
4. 1 tsp. olive oil
5. 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
6. 1/8. tsp sea salt
7. Handful basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (if you choose to bake your chicken rather than grill). Sprinkle some salt and pepper over top, cover and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes (depending on the size of your breasts) until juices run clear.
2. Meanwhile, combine chopped tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and basil in a bowl. Refrigerate until chicken is ready to be served and spoon over top of the chicken.
This is Regina shes is 90. She wrote down these life lessons the night before her big birthday!
Whatever your age might be, these universal lessons are relatable to anyone who needs a little reminder of what's important in life.
-Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
-When in doubt, just take the next small step.
-Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
-Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
-Pay off your credit cards every month.
-You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
-Save for retirement, starting with your first paycheck.
-When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
-Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
- Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
-If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
-Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
- Overprepare, then go with the flow.
- Believe in miracles.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
-Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Hello! As a caregiver, mother and social service worker I have learned many life lessons through hands on experience. My dream for you is to make your journey through caregiving a cherished one.