When you find yourself in an unhappy situation, life's not going the way you through it would ... a happiness boost is possible. Here are some strategies to consider:
1. Remind yourself of reasons to be grateful. When things look really dark, it’s hard to feel grateful, but remembering what’s good in your life can help put problems into perspective.
2. Remember your body. Take a twenty-minute walk outside to boost your energy and dissolve stress. Don’t let yourself get too hungry & get enough sleep.
3. Do something fun. Temporarily distract yourself from the stress, and re-charge your battery, with an enjoyable activity. Watching a funny movie is a reliable way to give yourself a pleasant break, and listening to your favourite music is one of the quickest ways to change your mood.
4. Take action. If you’re in a bad situation, take steps to bring about change even if they are baby steps, a plan that is started is better then no plan at all.
5. Look for meaning. Re-frame an event to see the positive along with the negative.
6. Connect with friends and family. Strong relationships are a key to happiness, so fight the impulse to isolate yourself. Show up. Make plans. Ask for help, offer your help to others.
7. Make something better. If something in your life has gotten worse, try to make something else better – and it doesn’t have to be something important. Clean a closet. Organize your photographs. Work in the yard.
8. Act toward other people the way you wish they’d act toward you. When you’re feeling very low, it can be hard to muster the energy to help someone else, but you’ll be amazed at how much better you feel. Do good, feel good; it really works.
A healthy homemade granola recipe with the warm flavors of gingerbread. Perfect as a grab and go snack, topping for yogurt or even a Christmas Gift.
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup raw nuts (I used a mix of almonds, pecans, and hazelnuts)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Place rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Drizzle the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla over the oat mixture, then stir until well combined and evenly moistened.
3. Spread the granola in an even later on the prepared baking sheet, then use the back of a spatula or your fingers to press it into a flat, even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, stir in the cranberries, then press back into a flat layer. Bake 10 additional minutes, until golden and fragrant (the granola will still be a little moist). Remove from oven and let cool completely. The granola will continue to crisp and dry as it cools.
Stores in a container for 4 weeks. Enjoy.
Everyone deserves to be happy, most days people feel like they are reliving each and everyday over the same way. There are three life ingrediants that can change your mood and life in a snap... here they are:
CHOICES, HEALING & LOVE.
These three small words can change your life. Choose to be positive and happy, heal your passed life experiences and move forward into loving what is right infront of you. As we all know life is too short to waste.
Hello! As a caregiver, mother and social service worker I have learned many life lessons through hands on experience. My dream for you is to make your journey through caregiving a cherished one.