In life, everyone wants to do something that is meaningful that serves a purpose. One of the best methods to fulfill a meaningful purpose is through helping others.
A satisfied feeling will develop within people when they have done something to make a difference for society or a loved one. People do not need a lot of money to make a big difference in society because it is not how much money they have, but how much heart people put into their time and support to the activities.
Benefits from helping others:
• Increase happiness
• Increase a boost in a feel-good part of the brain
• Remind people that they relatively lucky
• Feel connected to others
• Feel needed and effective
• Take the mind off worries for a while
• Feel generous
• Add a sense of purpose and meaning to life
Tips on helping others
• Call a friend to see how she's doing
• Cook a meal for the family
• Let a car merges in front
• Smile at a stranger in the street
• Hold the elevator door for others
There are positives to caring and looking after others- we all just have to find the good in our own situations!
Hello! As a caregiver, mother and social service worker I have learned many life lessons through hands on experience. My dream for you is to make your journey through caregiving a cherished one.