Fish is great for the brain and body. Check out these tuna benefits and easy/healthy snack recipe, quick to make for all caregivers on the go:
Nutritional value of tuna
- Studies show a reduced risk of developing cardiovascular disease in people who eat fish (specifically canned tuna or salmon) at least 2 times per week.
· Rich source of vitamin B3, B12, B6
· Great source of protein
· Also contains potassium, iodine, vitamin B1, B2 and magnesium
· Important source of omega-3 fatty acids
Benefits of canned tuna
· You can stock up ahead – long shelf life
· You can find them on sale and get good protein for a low price
· Canned tuna is very portable
1 whole cucumber
1-can white albacore tuna
½ medium avocado
⅛ cup finely chopped tomato
1. Scoop out half an avocado and mash well.
2. Drain tuna from can and mix into avocado mixture.
3. Add tomato, salt & pepper and mix until well combined.
4. Cut cucumber into ½ inch slices. Top them with the tuna/avocado mixture, or lay them out for dipping/scooping.
Hello! As a caregiver, mother and social service worker I have learned many life lessons through hands on experience. My dream for you is to make your journey through caregiving a cherished one.