Here are some lessons learned from some really smart caregivers:
1) Form a partnership with your doctors.
2) If you don’t stop and take care of you, you won’t be good for anybody.
3) Be proactive—don’t treat your loved one’s pain lightly.
4) Be present and in the moment.
5) When there is support, there is hope.
The caregivers dispelling this advice are not professionals. Their names are (in order of advice given) Barry Manilow, Montel Williams, Larry King and Héctor Elizondo. Goes to show you that everyone you know including yourself will be a caregiver sometime in your life.
Caregivers Quote of the Day: Don't let a day go by without laughing!
Hello! As a caregiver, mother and social service worker I have learned many life lessons through hands on experience. My dream for you is to make your journey through caregiving a cherished one.