Happy caregivers practice good habits in self-care. They see the benefits when it comes to caring for others. So do the loved one they care for each day. Below are tricks that can uplift your spirits to become more happy & motivated in your role as a caring person.
1. Nurture your mind and body.
2. Keep an eye on your health.
3. Find support.
4. Eat healthy.
5. Think positive through your day & laugh.
7. Set personal goals. .
8. Keep a journal.
9. Be grateful (a small task with huge benefits).
10. Take a day off & visit with friends/family or a day to spoil yourself (even just to read quietly).
Start today to become more aware of your surroundings, heart and open your mind. We know your happy smile is inside somewhere waiting to pop out, you just have to take a self-care approach to find it!
Hello! As a caregiver, mother and social service worker I have learned many life lessons through hands on experience. My dream for you is to make your journey through caregiving a cherished one.